Just another beautiful day in Corinto!
The First Transfer
Hermana Gowans got transferred last week. She is now in Matagalpa. The weather there is a little cooler and through an interesting series of events her blankets got left in Corinto! If you know Hermana Gowans, you know how she loves things to be very WARM! Her blankets will meet up with her eventually, but I hope she sleeps in the meantime!
We received this message from Hermana Gowans shortly before she left Corinto:
So about the house....we experienced our first good rainfall on Monday night! It rained like I have never seen or heard in my life! It was nuts! We had to shout in the house because it was so loud on the roof. So the other hermanas had gone to bed and I was in our room getting ready for my bed and my comp was in the front room. She got up to come down the hall and into the room and started shouting for me. I walked out of the bathroom and saw water covering the floor! We stepped out of the room and a pure sheet of water was coming in from the ceiling at the end of the hall and flooding the house! We ran into the other room because it was closer to the leak and it was completely flooded and the girls were totally asleep. Their stuff was literally floating away! So we woke them up and starting putting everything on the floors up higher. So then we put a huge bucket down on the end of the hall and stood there waiting for it to fill so that we could dump it out. The two Latinas were freaking out but Hermana Griggs and I were loving it! I started dancing and singing like the "Singing in the Rain" music video on Glee and they thought that I was nuts. So we were running up and down the halls dumping out buckets and the power went out haha. Our comps were all scared so Hna. Griggs and I started screaming just for the heck of it. It was so much fun! Except that it took the house a while to dry out and so it smelled bad haha. Good thing I haven't seen carpet since I left Provo!
The little boy with curly hair gave Hermana Gowans a really cool shell!
This is how the laundry gets done! The Hermanas were doing some service for a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment