It was so fun to see Courtney (via Skype) on Christmas Eve! She had lots of great stories to tell and the news that she might be coming home a couple of weeks earlier than originally planned because of all the new missionaries that are expected! In her last email, she said, "It is crazy, the change when I go home there are only three of us but we will be receiving like 50 or 60 or something like that. It is unreal! So there are changes on February 27 and it looks like I will be giving my final testimony and everything in that conference and then I will go back to my area and work for three weeks and then just leave in the middle of a change. We will see! That would mean that it would March 21. I only have 11 weeks left...how did that happen? "
We've been having a ton of snow recently, and when she got pictures of that, she said, "...I just started laughing because I cannot even IMAGINE snow right now! The internet place where I am at wasn't using their air conditioning and I was literally dripping sweat when those pics came up haha. Snow, what is that?!"
She has been helping a family get ready for baptism (I told you, she loves families being baptized) and says, "...in this time of waiting I have learned SO MUCH about the Atonement. It is so complete and perfect and flawless and more than we can understand. I love it! We had interviews with the President on Wednesday and I talked to him about the Atonement and he asked me if I have ever thought about where I was when Christ performed the Atonement. Interesting question. We were thinking that all of the spirits in heaven were very aware of what was going on as all of our salvation depended on it."
It's amazing to hear how much her testimony is growing and how much she is learning!
No comments:
Post a Comment